Thursday, January 27, 2011

Quinoa and beet pâté

Lately, all I've been wanting to do is cook some healthy and quick meals for Chuck and I. I've been so busy at work, with my classes, and my catering! So my evenings are really short. Besides, I don't want to stay in my kitchen for more than half an hour! ;)

This morning before going to work, my body was telling me that it was craving beets. Red, sweet, sexy beet! I can already see and hear my best friend's disapproval and disappointment. She HATES beets. And you know what's so funny about it all? She's German!!! "Don't you guys eat borscht?" I asked her. She says "Yup. But not me. I hate beets!" Well girl, this is not for you then. Or will you give it a try? :) 

You're going to be needing:
  • 1 lb beets
  • 2 cups cooked quinoa
  • 1 cup cashews, or any other nut that you like
  • 1 tbsp salt
  • pepper to taste
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup chopped parsley
Cooked quinoa

Ready for the hard part?


Put everything in a blender. Blend until smooth. Then put the mixture onto a baking pan. Bake in a preheated oven at 325 degree F. for about 30-40 minutes. Let the whole thing cool. It will be easier for you to cut into desired portions.

Serve it with a salad or better yet, make a vegetarian sandwich with it! With a bit of creamy dairy-free ranch dressing!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.