Sunday, July 25, 2010

The "other sweet root" sandwich



















This is for my dear friend Bruce. He took me to a restaurant on St Urbain and I got a chance to try this delicious sandwich and decided to make it for myself. The reason? The sandwich cost 8$. It costs me a fraction to make this sandwich at home!


You will need:
  • 4 cups carrots, grated
  • 3/4 cup raisins
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 2 tsp lemon juice
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 apple, thinly sliced
  • cream cheese
  • lettuce leaves
  • bread slices, the one you like!
Mix the carrots, raisins, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Let it sit and marinade for at least 1 hour. That's it!

To assemble:

Spread some cream cheese on a slice of bread, and put some lettuce on it. Then add the carrot-raisins mixture and top it off with the apple slices. Close off the sandwich by putting a second slice of bread and you are ready to enjoy your "other sweet root" sandwich! Can it be any easier? LOL

I served my sandwich with a side of salad and pickled onions.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.